- Basic Policy
- Kyoto Biken Laboratories, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) will, in accordance with the basic principles of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan, systematically work on the protection of personal information, establishing the following basic matters in relation to ensuring the lawful and proper handling of personal information.
- 1. Definition of Personal Information
- Personal Information prescribed by the Company is as follows:
- Information about a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description, etc.
- Information about a living individual that contains an individual identification code
- Other information prescribed by law
- 2. Compliance with Related Laws and Regulations, Guidelines, etc.
- The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and regulations, and guidelines.
- 3. Restriction on Purpose of Use
- Personal Information obtained by the Company will be used within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use and will not be used beyond the specified scope of the purpose of use without obtaining consent of the person identifiable by the information.
- 4. Acquisition of Personal Information
- When obtaining Personal information, the Company will specify the purpose of use thereof, limit the information to be obtained to the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and employ lawful and proper means of acquisition.
- 5. Internal System for Protection of Personal Information
- The Company will make officers and all employees, etc. recognize the importance of protection of Personal Information and establish a management system for the protection of Personal Information.
- 6. Security Management of Personal Information
- With respect to Personal Information, the Company will take necessary and proper security management measures for prevention of leakage, loss, damage, falsification, unauthorized access, etc.
- 7. Disclosure/Provision of Personal Information for Third Parties
- The Company will not disclose or provide Personal information for any third party except:
Provided, however, that, when outsourcing the handling of Personal Information to a contractor within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use, the Company will properly manage the contractor.
- where consent has been obtained from the person identifiable by the information;
- where disclosure is required under a law or regulation; or
- where the Company makes an action under a directive, guidance, etc. of administrative authorities.
- 8. Handling of Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
- (1) Disclosure of Personal Data
Upon a user’s request for disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of the content, suspension of use or erasure of personal data under the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will make proper actions in accordance with the said law and other applicable laws and regulations, except where the Company has no duty of disclosure.
- 9. Continuous Improvement
- The Company will work for continuous improvement so that Personal Information will be properly handled. Further, the Company will reflect any improved matters in this policy as appropriate.
- 10. Inquiry, etc.
- If you have any questions, opinions or consultation about the handling of Personal Information at the Company (including requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc.), please contact the following window.
Use of Data by Google